After nothing but bad luck, Melanie’s ready to give up on love. She puts herself in her friends’ hands and goes with them to a shibari class at Venture. Seems her luck changes when she meets Kirby and his fraternal twin brother, Davis.
Kirby and Davis are immediately smitten. While fully independent, Davis falls on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum. Even better, Kirby realizes Melanie seems to understand Davis in a way few people ever have. Davis knows he’s not the easiest person to live with, but Melanie soothes his mind in a way like no one else. He’s willing to do anything to make this work.
As the three of them settle into their dynamic, Melanie can’t believe she’s got not one, but two sexy Doms of her dreams. But when a jealous ex and a deeply buried family secret both explode at the same time, will it jeopardize the happiness that finally seems within their grasp?
Here we are Suncoast Society fans, book 42. If you are following my reviews, yes, I owe you a couple, and I’ll definitely get to them. As a matter of fact, I intend to start from the beginning. While I started the series there, my reviews started much later, so I’ll be making up for that.
Ask DNA is a MFM book, which is one of my favorite combos to read. , especially when it’s two male Doms and a female sub. Everyone has their preference, MF is another favorite (male Dom, female sub), I’ll even take MMF, I won’t bother spelling that out for you. This is just my preference, it’s like BDSM itself, if we all liked the same thing, it would be pretty boring. No judgement, right?
That’s one of the wonderful things about this series, it has every combo under the sun, every dynamic, doms, dommes, subs, sadists, oh my! And I read them all, even if MM is not my thing, I still LOVE the stories! As I’ve said before, It feels like a family, like my pretend family.
I wondered how Davis was going to end up as a dom, but as I got more into discovering his character, it made a lot of sense that he would take to it like a duck to water. I don’t want to ruin anything, but Davis has mild Autism, and his way of dealing with it and his journey just make sense. Tymber does a fantastic job handling this particular affliction, as she has with others in past books. (my favorite was Two Against Nature with Holly and Walt)
Of course, we have some old favorites show up, which is always fun. And…the drama that shows up to throw the proverbial wrench in the socket. But you have to have the rain to get the rainbow right?
This book gets 5 Smoking Orgasms
Suncoast Society Series Reading Order
The Suncoast Society is a contemporary BDSM series set in and around Sarasota in west central Florida, and focuses mostly on a group of friends who have the fictional BDSM club Venture in common. The books are all standalone and can be read independently from each other, but to avoid any spoilers, the best reading order for the Suncoast Society series is as follows:
- Safe Harbor (mmf, Mac, Sully, and Clarisse)
- Domme by Default (mf, him and Her)
- Cardinal’s Rule (mmf, Tilly, Landry, and Cris)
- The Reluctant Dom (mfm, Seth, Leah, and Kaden)
- The Denim Dom (mf, Tony and Shayla)
- Pinch Me (mf, Rob and Laura)
- Broken Toy (mf, Bill and Gabe)
- A Clean Sweep (mfmm, Essie, Mark, Josh, & Ted)
- A Roll of the Dice (mf, Mike and Jenny)
- His Canvas (mf, Askel and Mallory)
- A Lovely Shade of Ouch (mf, Gilo and Abbey)
- Crafty Bastards (mmf, Cali, Sean, and Max)
- A Merry Little Kinkmas (various) [party book]
- Sapiosexual (mfm, Chelbie, Nick, Richard)
- A Very Kinky Valentine’s Day (various) [party book]
- Things Made Right (mf, Ross and Loren)
- Click (various)
- Spank or Treat (various, Seth and Leah, various) [party book]
- A Turn of the Screwed (mmf, Keith, Scott, and Noel)
- Chains (mmf, Rebecca, Logan, and Toby)
- Kinko de Mayo (various, Cali, Max, Sean, various) [party book]
- Broken Arrow (mmf, Brooke, Cody, and Justin)
- Out of the Spotlight (mmf, Lucas, Leigh, and Nick) [Note: Events lead into book 24.)
- Friends Like These (various) [Note: Events lead into book 25.]
- Vicious Carousel (mmf, Betsy, Kenny, and Nolan) [Note: Picks up where book 24 leaves off.]
- Hot Sauce (mmf, Vanessa, Reed, & Lyle)
- Open Doors (mf, Marcia & Derrick & history of Venture, introduces Amelia from One Ring)
- One Ring (mfm, Don, Amelia, Carl)
- Vulnerable (mm, Leo and Jesse)
- The Strength of the Pack (mf, Eva, Nate, a direct sequel to Vulnerable)
- Initiative (mmf, Susie Costello, Darryl, Grant)
- Impact (mmf, Tilly, Cris, and Landry)
- Liability (mmf, Kim, Cole, Mason)
- Switchy (mmf, Em, Jarred, Garrison)
- Rhymes With Orange (mmmf, Ned, Dani, Hunter, Todd)
- Beware Falling Ice (mf, Rachel, Andrew) [South Dakota Trilogy 1]
- Beware Falling Rocks (mf, Lynn, Paul) [South Dakota Trilogy 2]
- Dangerous Curves Ahead (mmm, Justin, Wade, Glen) [South Dakota Trilogy 3]
- Two Against Nature (mf, Holly, Walt)
- Home at Last (mm, Ben, Jake)
- A Kinkmas Carol (various, Coming 12/23/2016, Seth, Kaden, Leah, & others) [party book]
- Ask DNA (mfm, Coming 01/09/2017, Kirby, Davis, Melanie)
- Time Out of Mind (mm, Coming 01/23/2017, Doyle, Mevi)
- Happy Valenkink’s Day (various, Coming 02/06/2017, Tilly, Landry, Cris, Leigh, Lucas, nick, Rusty, Eliza, various) [party book]
- Splendid Isolation (mm, Coming Soon, Everett, Wiley)